Discover forest climate at home
request a free brochure
Discover forest climate at home
request a free brochure
UdiIN® SYSTEM mold-free insulation
- Oldest system with 25 years of long-term experience
- Pleasant atmosphere in the room
- Universally applicable
- Made from pure softwood
- Prevents musty odors and mold
- Final coating with clay or lime possible
It is far too often the case, that older and listed buildings have insufficient or no protection against energy losses. The UdiIN® SYSTEM is installed on the inside of external walls and is an effective, environmentally friendly, insulation alternative to that of covering the exterior of the building, thereby retaining the optically attractive external character of the building. The system employs the highly efficient wood-fibre insulation boards UdiUNGER-DIFFUTHERM NF®. The substrate is prepared using UdiLIVE® Loam Render to provide a void-free base and the boards are then affixed using our special UdiASSEMBLY SD RECO® fixings.
After the boards have been mounted, they are then covered with a layer of our special water-vapour regulating base coat UdiMULTIGRUND® together with UdiREINFORCEMENT® Strengthening Mesh. This surface can then be wallpapered, painted or tiled. It is also possible to apply additional plaster coatings using UdiLIVE® loam or lime plasters.
The decision for the demanding developer: The UdiIN® SYSTEM deliberately does not employ water vapour barriers. The system provides a comfortable room climate together with walls that are warm to the touch. In addition to the environmentally-friendly aspects, the UdiIN® SYSTEM offers a sophisticated combination of thermal insulation and vapour permeability. The result is an outstanding insulation solution that means you don’t have to make compromises.
More than fifteen thousand customers have insulated their properties using the UdiIN® SYSTEMwithout any problems or restrictions to their health. This is achieved by the development and selection of perfectly harmonized products. The UdiIN® SYSTEM has been scientifically test and is subject to strict and continuous quality control procedures. The UdiIN® SYSTEM is an active insulation which ensures a beneficial room climate without mould growth.
The benefits at a glance
- Kind to the skin – with no itching or irritations when handling or installing
- Environmentally neutral manufacture from softwood derived from renewable sources
- As early as 1999 the system was tested and recommended as the best thermal insulation system by the leading German ecological consumer magazine “Öko-Test”
- Balances the room air-moisture level
- Active capillary function stores and transports moisture
- No mould development on the walls
- Finishing coats of natural lime or loam from our interior coatings range mays be used
- Short return-on-investment period
- The state and other institutions support energy-saving measures such as the interior insulation of external walls. This is particularly the case for listed buildings or for other beautiful façades.
- Applicable for interior use in all existing buildings (exceptions: areas below ground level, rising damp)
- For all types of masonry e.g. (Limestone, fired-clay bricks, concrete or natural stone)
- For all types of timber and timber-framed buildings
- Applicable to special construction types i.e. half-timbered buildings, listed buildings
- TheUdiIN® SYSTEM has been tried and tested over many years and has established itself in the top class. We are so convinced of the quality of our products that we offer a comprehensive guarantee package. To ensure the longevity of the system, all building system components and their method of installation must correspond with our licensing specifications and be carried out by an UdiCERTIFIED INSTALLER®.
top class moisture diffusion
- The UdiIN® SYSTEM deliberately does not employ water vapour barriers thereby ensuring that the natural moisture exchange between the interior and exterior airflows are not inhibited, creating a healthy room climate.
- The combination of the special sandwich-layer design and a void-free, solid construction means that top-levels of soundproofing are possible
Optional 15-year guarantee upon request
Our UdiIN® interior insulation system is made from natural wood fibres. It has been successfully employed for over 20 years and has established itself among the very best insulation products on the market. As a proof of its quality we offer developers an optional guarantee package on systems installed by licensed UdiCERTIFIED® INSTALLERS. Enquire about our 15-year GUARANTEE:
- Guaranteed mould-free construction
- Lifelong health-promoting insulation system for you, your family and your children
- Guarantee that the UdiIN® SYSTEM insulation boards will remain warp-free
- The UdiIN® SYSTEM surface always remain smooth
- Guaranteed crack-free walls
- The UdiIN® SYSTEM ensures that the substance of the building remains dry
- Over 2 million square metres have been installed since 1992 – without any cracks developing!
- Your individual dream colours for the exterior render are available in the complete colour spectrum
- All colours from light to dark are available (within technical limits)
Preconditions for the guarantee are that the system is installed by a licensed UdiCERTIFIED® INSTALLER and the inclusion of all the necessary system components from the UdiDÄMMSYSTEME® range. These include the fixings, the connection profiles, the reinforcement components as well as the base coat UdiMULTIGRUND®. We concentrate on building long-term partnerships with equally quality-conscious tradesmen and merchants. Our 15-year guarantee system is an expression of the qualitative cooperation with architects, tradesmen and developers to the benefit of all concerned.
Read the guarantee conditions here.
Step 1. Mounting and fixing the insulation boards
The substrate is prepared with an initial coat of UdiLOAM® Base Render to provide adhesion and to fill any voids. This coating, with its natural capillary properties, prevents the build-up of condensation. The insulation boards are permanently fixed to the surface using special system anchors/fixings UdiASSEMBLY SD RECO®.
Step 2. Water vapour regulating strengthening foundation
The next layer is comprised of a water-vapour-regulating base render UdiMULTIGRUND® with UdiREINFORCEMENT® strengthening mesh bedded into to the upper third of this coating. This coat should have a minimum thickness of 4-5 mm. This functions as a vapour retarder and airtight layer and is the base for a durable, permanently dry, crack-free and ready-to-paint top layer.
Step 3. the final touch
Once the UdiMULTIGRUND® is dry, any readily available material such as paints or wallpapers can be applied. The products from the UdiLIVE® Interior Coating System range are recommended. The interior insulation should be installed, or its installation overseen, by a qualified tradesman. We will be happy to help you. Structural physics calculations are recommended (additional service).