Discover forest climate at home
request a free brochure
Discover forest climate at home
request a free brochure
- The student Bernd Unger, born in Thuringia in Germany, is well known for his thermal and electromechanical inventions. He concentrated his interest on the production of electricity through temperature differences (Peltier-elements) as well as energy-saving building technologies.
- He regularly fascinated those around him with his new ideas and inventions and the young man was already winning research competitions.
- The beginnings of today’s established company took shape in a modest two room flat in Chemnitz, Germany.
- Bernd Unger concentrated on the analysis of flaws in building construction.
- As the first East German company for natural products he trained architects, tradesmen and developers on the advantages of natural products. Various test on combinations of building materials led him to concentrate on wood as a high-performance building material.
- The idea for a wood-fibre board that could be directly-rendered was born.
- The company Unger, at that time called NATURHAUS SACHSEN, started a first series of tests on the weather-resistant properties of wood-fibre insulation boards.
- The seminars and training courses offered by the developer Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Unger aroused great interest among the public.
- After optimisation, the first UNGER-DIFFUTHERM insulation boards were produced for internal tests
- The first buildings were insulated with wood-fibre boards and the first brochures were printed.
- A breakthrough in thermal insulation.
- The self-developed fine-renders were integrated.
- Research projects for wood-fibre with a render coating were undertaken in collaboration with institutes such as the Technical University Dresden, the Wilhelm-Klauditz-Institut in Braunschweig and the Materials Testing Institute. These achieved very impressive results.
- The first insulation element from UNGER-DIFFUTHERM that can be directly rendered is explained in training courses and presented at building fairs. Under these watchful eyes, the company’s employees installed the first systems in order to gain experience.
- UNGER-DIFFUTHERM raised its profile within the timber-framed construction sector.
- The German ecological consumer magazine Ökotest awarded the UNGER-DIFFUTHERM insulation system top marks (recommended).
- Numerous new building projects follow due to a new level of consumer confidence.
- The European Prize for Innovation was awarded by the city of Chemnitz and the State of Saxony.
- The first Building Inspectorate approval for a render-bearing wood-fibre insulation system was awarded.
- A year later the company was issued a Building Inspectorate approval for mineral substrates under the number Z-33.43-204.
- Numerous additional reference buildings were insulated with the established insulation system.
- New developments:
A water vapour regulating base coat render for interior use.
New combined insulation boards were tested.
- Due to increasing demand, investments were made in further production equipment for UNGER-DIFFUTHERM insulation boards.
- The initial development work of a 40 mm insulation board for use in the renovation of pre-fabricated houses.
- Increased exports to Belgium, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, UK and even Japan.
- The registered brand name Udi was introduced.
- NEW: the flexible wood-fibre insulation board UdiFLEX® and the air and wind-tight system UdiSTEAM®
- Long Term Guarantee System for the UdiFRONT® and UdiIN® Systems.
- Initial successes were achieved in the UdiRECO® Project.
- Market launch: UdiSPEED® (40 mm Render-bearer board) and upon successful completion of the test series UdiCLIMATE® (interior insulation system with climate chambers).
- Investment in new manufacturing equipment for UdiSPEED® and UdiRECO®
- New presentation of UdiRECO® to the positive acclaim of the specialist public.
- The first buildings were renovated using UdiRECO®. The system can be used internally and externally.
- After 2 years of development a special highlight was achieved: UdiSTONE®, the partition wall system.
- Based on the experience gained with UdiCLIMATE®, an ingenious invention was created:
- With the new, slim, interior insulation UdiIN 2CM®, surface temperatures can be raised by up to 4 degrees Celsius.
- To replace the initial, small-scale, manual production system for UdiIN 2CM®, in 2016 a new machine for fully automated gluing was constructed and installed. Another important investment.
- The company changed its name to Udi DÄMMSYSTEME GmbH. The founder Dipl. Ing. Bernd Unger retired from the management of the company and now concentrates full-time on the research and development of new products.
- The trademark UNGER-DIFFUTHERM has been retained and stands for quality and long years of experience. Anka Unger took over the sole responsibility for management and Robby Fitzner is the company officer with statutory authority. Our aim is to remain close to our customers and to continue to provide high quality products for tradesmen and developers.
- The future: Further developments and research projects are in progress for radiant heating in buildings in combination with the unbeatable performance of UdiWood-Fibre Insulation.
- In January 2019 another patent was registered for UdiSUN®: „Heating devices for the interior of a building“.
- The combination of the interior insulation board UdiIN 2CM® and the surface-tempered carbon sheeting UdiSUN® gains serious importance in the project sector.
- Udi DÄMMSYSTEME joins the Bundesverband Infrarot-Heizung e.V.